Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cheap Chocolate

I can't stand when people are cheap! Especially fathers! It is one thing to be wise with your money, it is quite another to be a fool! My ex is a fool and it is costing him the kids!

"like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly" Proverbs 26:11

How can a man claim to be changed yet repeat the same thing over and over and never learn from it? I do not get how a father can not put his children first. Over the years he has shown time after time that his wants and desires are more important then his children's needs.

The final straws were this year when he asked me to give him $500.00 to pay off his back child support (not including the hundreds of dollars it is costing me in late fees), so I gave it to him. The money is 'gone' but the back child support never got paid. When I lost my job, I could not get assistance because my ex owed!

This weekend he decided to pull our son off his baseball team. His reasoning is that our son sits on the bench too much. My ex then decides to chastise me for 'not making an effort' because I went camping and missed two games, as punishment he is refusing to give me back the baseball equipment, so now I get to go out and buy more equipment. Let me see, who is not making an effort? And what message does that send our son, let him quit the team and not 'make an effort' to finish something he starts, and on top of that, not 'make an effort' to allow him that opportunity!

My ex is cheap chocolate. I pray that he changes and that God works in him, but I know that he has to see there is a problem and my ex does not see anything wrong with the way he is, so my children suffer. Lord help me for being angry, it is just wrong to make children suffer at your own foolishness.

3 comments:

  1. You're right about all of it but try not to focus on his mistakes. My mother always told me to just do MY part and not worry about anyone else. Yes, it's difficult to do when it concerns the children, but even married women have to deal with wrong choices sometimes made by our chocolate of choice. Cheap chocolate? It's still good...isn't it? LOL....Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness your kids have you. Keep praying...and I am so sorry you and your children have to go through this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. its so sad how some men continue to male chiuces tht effect not only thm but the kids n the women tht love thm!,god is big n can still change thm if thy want it! thnk god for his promise in jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete