Sunday, March 29, 2009


God and chocolate…two things every woman needs.

That is definitely true for me, although it would be nice to have more, i.e.; a great pair of the latest shoes, with of course the perfect outfit and accessories all on my ‘perfect to me’ body while on the strong and muscular arm of ‘him’ that one perfect guy.

Reality check…there is NO perfect guy. This ain’t Hollywood girls and as much as we like to dress up and play make believe, when it comes down to it, that is all we are doing-believing in something that is not there and making something out of nothing.

I have done that my whole life. Tried to make my reality look better then it is by adding the pink packaging and ‘acting’ as if life is better then it is. I hate it when I wake up, don’t you?

The only man I NEED in my life is GOD. (Note the period…it ends the sentence) I may want a man. I may think I need a man. I may want to need a man. Unless God brings me a man, then the man I try to put in my life is not going to be the man I need, rather he is just going to fill time and space and probably cause a few tears. Put that in perspective, if I take on a relationship with a man that God did not intend for me, I am just as much to blame for my hurt as he is, because I allowed that.

I learned a very valuable lesson from a man recently. He told me a man (even a Christian man) would tell a girl anything in order to be with her. That hit me like a ton of bricks because I always want to believe the good in people no matter what and take them for their word. So when this man told me that every man will lie to get a girl to do what he wants, it was a big set back. Proverbs 26:28 ’A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin. ‘ Simply put, be on guard girls, a man may look good in his talk and actions, but look for those tall tale signs that trouble lurks behind that oh so perfect smile. (More on that in the future)

So how can I as a Christian woman know when to trust a man? The simple answer, seek God. (Note the period again) ‘A woman’s heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek HIM to find her.' We will know the man God chooses for us when we seek HIM not him!

…until then, have a piece of chocolate and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great insight! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts as it definitely gave me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! Love this and can't wait to see what else you have to say!

    ReplyDelete